What is Chrysalis?
What happens at Chrysalis?
CHRYSALIS is a three-day spiritual renewal retreat that provides participants an opportunity to learn more about faith, to experience Christian love and support, and a chance to make new commitments in their faith journey. The content of the three days focuses on God's grace, how one experiences Christ as friend in the body of Christ, and how one is called into discipleship, giving love to a needful world.
You will spend three days with other young people in worship, prayer, fellowship, recreation, singing and discussion. you will experience the love of Christ through the prayers and acts of service of a loving support community. You will hear talks given by youth and adults. The talks focus on the needs of maturing youth and offer the message of the Gospel and the friendship and example of Jesus Christ. Five talks are given each day followed by discussion and reflection on how these messages can be helpful to your personal faith. You will explore how this friendship with Jesus can help you live your faith with family, friends, and community.
The focus of CHRYSALIS is commitment to Jesus Christ through the local church. The objective of CHRYSALIS is to inspire, challenge, and equip local church youth for a closer friendship with Christ and for Christian action at home, church, school, and community. CHRYSALIS lifts up a way for you to be a friend of Christ in the world.
CHRYSALIS is for the development of Christian youth who:
- wish to strengthen their friendship with Christ;
- may have unanswered questions about prayer, study, and sharing their faith;
- understand that being a friend of Christ, or Christian, involves responsibility;
- are open to dedicating their everyday life to God in an ongoing manner.
- CHRYSALIS is open to high school Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors,and College Freshman youth of any denomination. For more information see the CHRYSALIS FAQ page.